Ceiling fan is a type of fan that is hung on the ceiling used by many families. This type of fan not only has a cooling effect, but people also use it as a decoration. However, the cleaning and cleaning of ceiling fans is always a problem that makes users feel anxious. Don’t worry too much, follow the how to clean a ceiling fan simple that Tran Phat shares below.
1. The importance of maintaining a clean ceiling fan
Ceiling fans after a period of use will be covered with a lot of dirt. However, cleaning it is not easy because this type of fan is hung up high. So simple ways to clean ceiling fans receive great attention. Cleaning the ceiling fan plays an extremely important role.
- Cleaning the fan will help remove bacteria and dust particles from the air. Improve air quality and make living space more fresh.
- Cleaning the ceiling fan is the way to ensure the fan works efficiently. At the same time save energy and create a cool space.
- With a clean fan cleaning and regular maintenance, you can prolong the life of the fan.
2. Prepare before cleaning
Before performing simple ways to clean ceiling fans, you need to prepare the following:
- Turn off the power and ensure safety: Before cleaning the ceiling fan. Be sure to turn off the power at the switch or controller. This is very important to avoid the risk of electric shock when working with the fan. Please ensure that the fan is not energized during cleaning.
- Protect the floor and items under the fan: Ceiling fans often accumulate dust and dirt after a period of use. When cleaning, there may be dust particles or detergent falling down. To protect the floor and items under the fan. Place the cloth or foil under the fan before you start cleaning.
- Prepare the necessary tools and cleaners: To clean the ceiling fan, you need to prepare items such as cleaning cloths, ladders to climb, brushes, water basins if necessary ….
3. Simple ways to clean ceiling fans
Cleaning the ceiling fan will be done according to the following steps:
3.1. Clean the propeller
- Wipe off dust and dirt with a soft cloth: Use a soft cloth or cleaning kit to gently wipe the fan blades on the ceiling fan. Proceed to wipe from the top to the bottom of each wing so that dust does not get into other parts of the fan.
- Use water and mild soap to clean stubborn stains: If the blades have stubborn stains. You use a little warm water diluted with mild soap to clean. Use a wet soft cloth in this solution and gently wipe the stain. Avoid over-wetting the impeller and do not allow water to enter the electrical components of the fan.
- Use a soft brush to clean sticky stains: If there are sticky stains that are difficult to remove. You can use a soft brush to gently scrub the area. Make sure not to put too much pressure on the propellers to avoid damaging or bending them.
- Wipe and dry the fan after cleaning: After cleaning the fan blades. Wipe them clean with a soft damp cloth to remove any remaining detergent or water. Then, leave the fan on a flat and completely dry surface before turning the power back on.
3.2. Clean other accessories and parts of the ceiling fan
After cleaning the blades of the ceiling fan, you will proceed to clean the accessories and other parts of the fan.
- Clean hard-to-reach dust and dirt inside the base and joints.
- Wipe and clean the ceiling fan filter (if applicable).
- Check and clean the slings and other parts.
4. Instructions for checking and maintaining ceiling fans
To ensure that the ceiling fan is always working properly, you should regularly check it during use. At the same time well preserved when not in use in winter:
- Check lights and replace if necessary: If the ceiling fan has lights, check and make sure the lights are working properly. If the lamp fails, replace it with a new bulb and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure bolts and connections are tight: Check ceiling fan bolts and connections. To make sure they are tight and not loose. If any loose bolts or connections are found, tighten them to ensure safety when the fan is operating.
- Check and clean the switch and remote control (if applicable): If the ceiling fan has a switch or remote control. Test them to make sure they work properly. If necessary, clean the switch or remote control to remove dust and dirt that may cause malfunction.
Above are how to clean a ceiling fan simple that anyone can do. However, because the ceiling fan is installed on high, if your family does not have enough equipment to perform. Please contact technical department. For more advice on fan usage, maintenance and fan problems. Contact Tran Phat for support – Hotline: 028.6269.5792.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT